How To Connect DLink Wireless Router To Computer
D-Link routers come with an Ethernet cable using which it can be connected to a modem. A modem enables the devices connected to the router to access the Internet. Some D-Link routers have a built-in DSL modem. Your computer can either make a wired connection or a wireless connection with the router. Before you connect your router to any device by following the guide of how to connect DLink wireless router to computer, you need to set up and configure it. For a wired connection, plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your router and computer. The WAN port on the router is to be connected with the modem. For a wireless connection with the router, look for the SSID of the router network on your system and connect to it by providing the network password.
How Many Devices Can Connect To A DLink Wireless Router
There is no limitation to the number of devices that can be connected to the router. The hardware of the router determines its performance. More the number of devices connected to the router, lesser the performance. The performance depends on the speed of the router’s CPU, RAM, and the amount of traffic created by it. Since there are more factors to be considered before specifying the number of devices that can be connected at one time to the router, the manufacturer has not specified the limit. However, the optimum network speed can be achieved when a maximum of 15 devices are connected to the router.
9 Steps: How To Connect DLink Wireless Router To A Computer
- Connect your D-Link router to a power source and turn it on.
- Plug the Ethernet cable from your modem into the router’s WAN port.
- For a Wired connection, plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the computer’s Ethernet port and the other end into the router’s Ethernet port.
- To establish a wireless connection, click the Network icon on the taskbar of your computer.
- From the list of networks, select the SSID of your router network.
- The next step is configuring the router settings. Open a browser from your device and type the IP address of the router in the address bar.
- Provide the login credentials and then select Run Wizard from the configuration page.
- Proceed with the instructions to complete the setup. You can now access the router network from your computer.
How Do I Connect My WiFi Enabled Computer To My Wireless Router ?
- Enable the power supply to the router.
- If your D-Link router does not have an in-built modem, connect the WAN port of the router to a modem using the Ethernet cable and follow the next step for how to connect DLink wireless router to computer.
- Power on your computer. Find the Network icon on the taskbar and click it.
- From the available networks, select the SSID of your D-Link router.
- If you are prompted to provide the password, enter it.
- The details for setting up the router and connecting to it with default settings are given on the router itself.
- To change the default settings, open the wireless setup page of the router from the computer connected to the device.
- Open a web browser and type the D-Link router's IP address in the address bar. The default IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1.
- When the log in screen opens, enter ‘admin’ as username and leave the password field empty. Click Login.
- Run the Setup Wizard. Change the default settings. First, change the password for the router to secure your network.
- You can also change the wireless network name.
- Configure the Internet connection and click the Connect option.
- Your router is now set up and can be connected to your device with the new settings.