How To Fix Asus RT AC68U Flashing Power Light?
If your Asus RT AC68U flashing power light is flashing abnormally, then use Rescue Mode or the Firmware Restoration utility to resolve this issue.
Step 1: Download and install the firmware restoration utility on your computer
- Visit the www.asus.com web site from a browser.
- Select your router model.
- On your router’s support screen, click the Support option.
- Go to the Driver & utility tab followed by Driver & Tools. If required, select your OS type from the drop-down menu.
- Select the firmware file and click Download beside it.
- Once the utility file has been downloaded, open the zip file.
- Click the Application: Rescue file.
- Select your language from the given menu list and click Next.
- Complete the installation process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation process is completed, open ASUS Utility by clicking the Start menu followed by Program > ASUS Utility.
Step 2: Modify the Network Adapter Settings
- Make sure that your Asus router is connected to the computer and fix Asus RT AC68U flashing power light.
- Now, click Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Change adapter options.
- Select your LAN connection and right-click on it.
- Click the Properties option.
- Go to the Networking tab. Select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4). Click Properties.
- Select Use the following IP address. Enter 192.168.1.10 in the IP address field and 255.255.255.0 in the Subnet Mask field. Click OK.
Step 3: Configure router’s rescue mode
- Turn off your Asus router and disconnect its power cord from it.
- Press and hold the Reset button.
- Now, connect the power cord to your router’s DC IN port while holding down the Reset button.
- Once your router enters the Recuse mode, the power light will flash slowly.
- Now, open Asus Utility on your computer.
- Click the Browse button in the Firmware Restoration window.
- Select the firmware file that you have downloaded previously.
- Click Open > Upload. Make sure to click the Upload button only after checking if your router is in the rescue mode.
- After a minute, the setup process of Rescue mode will be completed.
- Once the router has been rebooted, click the Close button.
- Now, the Asus RT AC68U flashing power light issue will be resolved.
Note: Make sure to restore your TCP/IPv4 to the default settings.