Improper wireless settings:
- Port forwarding allows external devices to access your Belkin router’s firewall.
- Before proceeding with the Belkin router port forwarding process, ensure that you have the following details.
- The IP address of the device that you need to port forward
- Check if the ports are TCP or UDP
- First, establish a connection between the Belkin router and your Windows computer using an Ethernet cable.
- The ports for the Xbox game console are listed below for your reference.
Below are the step-by-step instructions to forward the Xbox game console’s port.
Finding the default gateway of the Belkin router
- On your Windows computer, open the Run dialog box and enter ‘cmd’ in the Open field.
- The Command Prompt dialog window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the ‘ipconfig/all’ command in the Command Prompt dialog window.
- Find the IPv4 Address and Default Gateway fields.
- The IP address of the Belkin router will be seen in the Default Gateway field.
- Note it down and then use it to access the web-interface setup page of the Belkin router.