AirPort Express, developed by Apple, is a device for creating wireless network access points, to which you can connect your Wi-Fi devices. You can connect the AirPort device to the DSL or cable modem, or else to the router using the Ethernet cable. Enhance the wireless router network range and connect many devices to the access point. Read the following steps for connecting Airport Express to the Netgear router.
- Since Apple does not allow the AirPort device to connect to any third-party device’s Wi-Fi, the only way to connect it to the Netgear router is through a network cable.
- Connect the modem and the Netgear router’s WAN or internet port with an Ethernet cable.
- Next, connect the Ethernet port of AirPort Express and the LAN port of the router using another Ethernet cable.
- Plug the AirPort device to a wall socket and turn it on.
Configure the Netgear router:
- Now, use the Ethernet cable to connect your computer to the Netgear router.
- Open the web browser, visit the router login URL, and press Enter.
- After that, enter the username and password to log in to the router’s configuration page.
- Once the main page opens up, click the Advanced tab and select Advanced Setup.
- Click the Wireless Settings menu, in the Use other operating mode section, select Enable Bridge mode.
- Fill in the required details and complete the bridge mode setup.
Configure the AirPort Express:
- Install the AirPort Express Assistant on the computer and open the utility.
- Navigate to the Network section, enable the bridge mode by turning off the Router mode, and refresh the system to apply the settings.
- After that, remove the Ethernet connection between the router and the AirPort device, and you can connect the other devices to the Airport Express via the wireless network.