The D-Link DIR-822 router gives you wireless speeds up to 1200 Mbps and has now increased the range. It provides high-performance Wi-Fi speeds for smooth HD Streaming. The D-Link DIR-822 router prevents interference and delivers high wireless speeds, improved coverage, and reliable connections. Once you done with D-Link Dir-882 setup, you can do online multiplayer gaming, file transfers, video chats, emailing, and web surfing at the same time. You can use the 2.4 GHz band daily for everyday tasks. On the other side, you can use the high-speed 5 GHz band for free for HD video streaming, large file transfers, and online gaming. There will be less interference if you are using the high-speed 5 GHz band.
Consider the steps that are given below to set up the D-Link DIR-822 router.
- First, unpack your router and turn it on.
- If you are setting up the D-Link router for the first time, make sure to connect the router and modem using an Ethernet cable. Connect the Ethernet cable to the modem and fix the other end to the WAN port of the router.
- You can connect your computer and router wirelessly using the router’s wireless credentials. You can also connect your computer and router using another Ethernet cable.
- Launch a browser and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar. Tap the Enter key.
- Type the username and password to log in to your router’s web-based setup page. Click on the Login button.
- The default username is admin. You can leave the password field blank.
- You can check the router status on the home screen.
- Now, set the required settings on the web-based setup page of the router.
- Once you complete the D-Link Dir-882 setup, you will be able to access the internet using your router.