- Router-Setup.Co »
- Wireless Router Parental Control Feature For D-Link Router
D-Link Wireless Router Parental Control
You can control access in and out of your network using the D-Link wireless router parental control feature. The Parental Control feature on the D-Link router performs the following:
- Blocks access from applications such as P2P utilities and games
The steps to set up parental control on a D-Link wireless router are given on our web page.
- Open any one of the web browsers on your computer and use the IP address of your D-Link router to launch the login page.
- Enter the D-Link wireless router’s username and password correctly in the appropriate fields.
- Once you click the Log In button, you will see the web-based setup page of the D-Link wireless router on the screen.
- Click the Advanced tab at the top and then select the Access Control option on the left panel.
- Navigate to the Access Control section and select the checkbox next to the Enable Access Control option.
- Click the Add Policy option followed by the Next option.
- On the Choose Policy Name web page, fill the Policy Name and select the Next option.
- Now, the Select Schedule web page will appear on the screen.
- Choose the Always, Never, or Define a new schedule option from the Details drop-down menu and click the Next option.
- Select the checkbox beside the IP Address option, fill the IP Address field, and click the Next option.
- Click the radio button next to the Block option, select the checkbox beside the following options, and click the Next button.
- Apply with Filter
- Apply Advanced Port Filters
- Fill the required fields and click the Next option on the Port Filter web page.
- When the Web Access Logging page opens, select the radio button next to the Disabled option and click the Save option.
- As soon as you see the ‘The new settings have been saved’ message on the screen, select the Continue option.
- Select the Website Filter option on the left panel and choose the ‘Deny computers access to only these sites’ option from the Configure Website Filter below the drop-down menu.
- Type the URL of the website or domain name in the Website URL/Domain field and click the Save Settings option at the top of the screen.
- When a new web page opens, click the Continue option. The specified websites will be blocked. These are uses of D-Link wireless router parental control feature.