You can remotely access your TP-Link router in two methods.
Carry out these steps to access your TP-Link router remotely using the TP-Link Tether app:
Before accessing your TP-Link router remotely from any other device using how to access my TP-Link router remotely steps, you need to configure some basic settings.
- Make sure that you have finished the first-time setup of your TP-Link router using the PC.
- Next, check whether you have turned on your TP-Link router and connected it appropriately to the computer.
- Open the default browser and enter the TP-Link router's IP address in the URL field.
- It will open the TP-Link router's login portal.
- You can identify the TP-Link router's IP address using the "ipconfig" command in the Command Prompt app.
- Otherwise, identify it from the label attached to the backside of the TP-Link router.
- Log in to the TP-Link router's administrative interface by entering your username and password in the login portal.
- If you have not changed the default credentials, enter "admin" for both username and password fields.
- Next, click the "Log In" button.
- Navigate to the left-side panel and select TP-Link Cloud and proceed with how to access my TP-Link router remotely guide.
- Create or log in to your TP-Link Cloud account.
- Log out from the TP-Link router's administrative interface and open the TP-Link Tether app on your mobile. You can download the TP-Link Tether app from the Google Play Store app or Apple Store app.
- After downloading the app, tap the Install button and read the license agreement.
- Tap the Agree button to proceed further and tap the More icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select TP-Link ID from the left-side panel and tap the Log In button.
- Enter your TP-Link ID and password in the required fields and tap the Log In button.
- If prompted, tap the Allow button to enable the notifications.
- In the My Devices window, you can verify the remote connection if the "Cloud Device" message is displayed above your TP-Link router's name.
- While following how to access my TP-Link router remotely guide, Turn on your mobile cellular data, and you can access the TP-Link router remotely from your device.