How To Block Services On Netgear Router?
There are many annoying services on the Internet and most of them can cause damage to your devices in different ways. Here we’ll show you how to block services on Netgear router.
Blocking Services From The Internet Using The Netgear Router’s Web Interface
- First, connect your computer to the Netgear router’s network.
- Open an internet browser on your computer.
- Go to your router’s web access page.
- On your router’s web access page, click the ADVANCED tab.
- Select the Security option followed by Block Services. Now, select the services you wish to block.
- After selecting the services, choose the Services Blocking option.
- To block the services for a specific period, click the Per Schedule option and enter the time period.
- To block the services permanently, select the Always option.
- Under the Service Table section, click Add.
- Select the Service type, protocol, starting port, and ending port.
- Finally, click the Add button.
- Now, the selected services will be blocked.
- You can view and see how to block services on netgear router.
Blocking A Service On Your Netgear Router Using Smart Wizard
- On a computer that is connected to the Netgear router’s network, open a web browser.
- Now, sign in to your router’s web access page.
- On your Netgear router’s Smart Wizard page, click the Content Filtering option.
- Select the Block Services option.
- Below the Services Blocking section, select the service type and click the Add button.
- Go to the Service Type section and select the service type that you wish to block.
- To block specific port numbers, select the User Defined option and enter the required information.
Creating a content filtering schedule
- Go to the Content Filtering section.
- Click the Schedule option followed by Days to Block.
- Select All Day or enter a specific time in the given field.
- Choose a desired time zone in the given field.
- Finally, click the Apply button.
To view content filtering logs, follow the instructions given below.
- Select the Logs option under the Content Filtering section.
- Go to the Include in Log section, choose the Attempted access to blocked sites and services option.
If you having any further queries regarding how to block services on netgear router, contact us.