How To Connect Netgear Wireless Router To Computer?
Netgear wireless routers can be connected to a computer using an Ethernet cable. If the computer is set to obtain a dynamic IP address from a network router, then merely connecting the computer and router using an Ethernet cable is enough. If the computer has a WiFi adapter, then it can be connected to the wireless router over WiFi using the SSID and password of the router. However, if the Netgear wireless router is a new one, then it must be configured and to know how to connect Netgear wireless router to computer.
Consider the steps given below to configure and connect a Netgear wireless router to your computer.
- Note down the SSID and password of the wireless network before starting the setup.
- The default network credentials will be available on the rear side of the router.
- Connect your modem and router using an Ethernet cable and to know how to connect Netgear wireless router to computer.
- Plug in an Ethernet cable to the modem and connect the other end to the WAN port on the Netgear router.
- Insert another Ethernet cable to one of the LAN port on your router and plug in the other end to your computer.
- Connect the power cord of the router and modem to an electrical outlet.
- Now, press the Power button on the router to turn it on. You can see the LEDs on the router being lit up when power is enabled.
- Go to the official Netgear router login website from your web browser.
- Otherwise, enter the IP address of the Netgear router in your browser.
- Log in to the router page by entering the username as admin and password as the password.
- Navigate to the Advanced section and select the Setup Wizard option.
- When prompted for confirmation, select Yes. Then, click Next.
- The Netgear router will now automatically detect your internet connection.
- When prompted to log in, create a new admin password and confirm it.
- Choose two security questions and answer them. Then, click Next.
- You will receive a confirmation message on the screen when the router is connected to your computer.
- Click on the Print button to get the network settings. Then, click Next.
- When the Firmware Update Assistant page appears, update the firmware of the Netgear router.
- Click Yes to update the firmware.
- Restart the Netgear router after the updating process is complete.
- Now, your Netgear router is successfully connected to your computer finally you know how to connect Netgear wireless router to computer.