How To Find The Network Key For A Linksys Router?
To know how to find the network key for a Linksys router, refer to any one of the following methods mentioned below.
Method 1 - Web-based setup page
- Access the web-based setup page of the Linksys router using its IP address, user name, and password.
- Click the Wireless tab followed by the Basic Wireless Settings tab, navigate to the Configuration View field, and select the radio button next to the Manual option.
- If needed, note down the wireless network name (SSID) of the router.
- Navigate to the Wireless Settings tab.
- Now, you will find the network key (password) of the Linksys router in the Passphrase field.
Method 2 - Linksys Connect
- Navigate to the Start menu on your Windows computer that you used to set up the Linksys wireless router for the first time.
- Click the All Programs option followed by the Connect option.
- Follow these steps we can perform how to find the network key for a linksys router.
- Click the Go tab on the home screen of your Mac computer and select the Applications option.
- Click the Linksys Connect option.
Once the main window of Linksys Connect opens, click the Router Settings option.
- Navigate to the Personalize section.
- You will see the network key in the Password field.
Method 3 - Linksys Smart Wi-Fi
- Launch any one of the following web browsers on your computer.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Type the Linksys router’s IP address in the address column and press Enter.
- Provide your Linksys cloud account details in the Email Address and Password fields and then click Login.
- Go to the Router Settings section and click the Wireless option.
- The network key of the router can be seen in the Password field.
- Proceed these steps we can perform how to find the network key for a linksys router.
Method 4 - Computer
- Launch the Network and Sharing Center window and click the Change adapter settings link on the left panel.
- Right-click your wireless connection and choose the Status option.
- Click the Wireless Properties button, navigate to the Security tab, and checkbox the Show Characters option.
- The network key will be available in the Network Security Key field.
- Choose the Utilities option from the Go menu.
- Search for the Keychain Access option and double-click it.
- Double-click your network name, click the Attributes tab, and select the checkbox beside the Show Characters option.
- If a prompt dialog box opens, provide the administrator name and password correctly and click Allow.
- Now, the network key of the Linksys router will be visible.
- By using these steps we can perform how to find the network key for a linksys router.