How To Fix The Mail Server Imap.Aol.Com Is Not Responding
Whenever you try to send a mail on your AOL email account, if the error message indicates that the server is not responding, then read the following to understand the reasons for the problem and the solutions to fix the error.
Causes of the AOL mail server error:
- Step 1:When you are sending a huge number of mails or receiving many emails within a short span, then that could lead to this error.
- Step 1:The server error may occur when the mail server of the email service provider is down.
- Step 1:A poor internet connection can also cause the mail server error.
Solutions to solve the error:
Check server settings
- Step 1:The mail server error denotes something is wrong with the server, so open the mail server configuration settings menu and verify if the mail server address, port number, and the encryption type of the incoming and outgoing mails are correct.
- Step 2:If you are using an email client to access your AOL mail account, then make sure you enable the third-party application access on the mail settings.
Remove and re-add the account
- Step 1:If the AOL mail account is added to a third-party app or client, remove or delete the AOL mail account.
- Step 2:Close the mail client or application and restart the app.
- Step 3:Again, add the AOL mail account to the email client using the correct server settings.
- Step 4:Open the mail account, then verify if the mail server error is solved.
Update the third-party application
- Step 1:Sometimes, using the older version of the email application can cause the problem; therefore, you need to update the application.
- Step 2:Either it is a mobile or computer, go on to update the AOL mail application.
- Step 3:After that, launch the application and open the AOL mail account.
- Step 4:See if the error is resolved.