How To Install Belkin Router Without CD?
A router is a networking device that helps in connecting multiple devices to one network. It is used mainly to provide access to the internet to various devices. If you have bought a new Belkin router and wondering how to install Belkin router without CD, continue reading.
There are two ways to install:
- Using the installation CD (supplied with the router)
- Using the router’s setup page
Learn how to install a Belkin router without a CD from the following steps.
- You need Ethernet cables to connect the router, modem, and computer physically.
- Turn off the modem and then connect an Ethernet cable to the modem.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the router’s WAN or Internet port.
- Plug another Ethernet cable between the router’s LAN port and your computer.
- Connect the modem and the router to the wall outlets using their power chords to get the power supply.
- When the router is turned on, the power light turns blue.
- Open your computer’s browser, enter the router’s local IP address in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- Now, the ‘Let’s connect to the Internet’ page will open in the browser.
- Click Detect my connection and then the router will start to scan the connection.
- You can find the router’s default network name, password, and security type on the label, which you have to enter on the router page.
- Once you enter the information, click the Save and continue button.
- Following that, change the default router credentials and enter a strong network name and password.
- Wait until the router verifies the new network name and password.
- Click Great, what’s next? And follow the instructions that are displayed to register the router.
- After registration, go to the router’s dashboard.
- Finally, know how to install Belkin router without CD.