The Netgear router enables you to monitor the network traffic. Checking the network traffic helps to analyze, plan, and manage the network so that the overall performance can be improved or maintained. You can monitor the Netgear router traffic volume using the web interface and the mobile application. Read more to know how to monitor network traffic on Netgear router.
Using the web interface:
- Turn on your Netgear router and connect a computer to it.
- Next, launch a web browser on the system, type the Netgear router’s login URL and press the Enter key to know how to monitor network traffic on Netgear router.
- Once the router login page opens up, enter the username and password to log in to the router’s configuration page.
- The default username and password of a Netgear router are “admin” and “password” respectively.
- Now, the router’s basic configuration page will open. Click the Advanced tab.
- Select the Advanced Setup option, choose the Traffic Meter option, and then click the checkbox beside Enable Traffic Meter to enable it.
- Select any one of the control options – No Limit, Download only, and Both Directions.
- In case you want to limit or control the network or connection time, select Connection time control and then enter the number of hours the connection is to be allowed beside the Monthly limit field.
- Under Traffic counter, make the settings to start the traffic counter at a particular time and date. If you want the counter to begin right away, then select the Restart Counter Now button.
- Set the Traffic Control indicator light to flash when the traffic limit exceeds and click Apply.
- Refresh the page to update the router settings and check the Traffic Status to view the network traffic volume.