Netgear has termed the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) method as Push N Connect. The WPS method is widely used to connect the wireless devices to a Wi-Fi router without any Wi-Fi credentials. To connect a device to a Netgear Wi-Fi router using the WPS Push Button (Push N Connect) method, follow these steps to know how to use WPS on Netgear router.
- Before executing the WPS method, connect your Netgear router to a DSL modem using a standard Ethernet cable.
- The Ethernet cable from the modem must be connected to the router’s WAN port.
- Ensure that you have configured the basic router settings on the router’s settings page on your browser.
- Next, turn on the Wi-Fi button on the device you wish to connect to the router or know how to use WPS on Netgear router.
- Now, go to the Netgear router and locate the WPS button. Press and hold it at least for 5 seconds.
- The WPS Push Button method should be executed within 2 minutes.
- Once you have connected your device to the router’s wireless network, a confirmation message will display on your device.