Linksys EA6100 Smart Wi-Fi AC1200 is a smart dual-band router that comes with non-removable adjustable antennas, four LAN ports, a USB 2.0 port, and a WAN (Internet) port. A user-friendly feature like Linksys Smart Wi-Fi ensures an easy and hassle-free router setup. Using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi, you can alter your router's name and password. You can also configure parental controls, connect devices to your network, and test your Internet speed. Security settings enable you to facilitate IPv4 and IPv6 Firewalls, configure DMZ settings, and set up port forwarding. Carry-on with the steps mentioned on this page to perform the Linksys Ea6100 Smart Wi-Fi Ac1200 router setup.
- Unpack the router and the components that came along with the router.
- Place the router in a centralized area for better coverage.
- Turn on the router and connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the yellow Internet port on your router.
- Connect your computer to the router’s wireless network. The default network name and password for yourLinksys EA6100 Smart Wi-Fi AC1200 router are given in the Quick Start Guide.
- You could also check the wireless credentials on the router’s label.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and enter com .
You can also enter the router's default IP address, 192.168.1.1 , or type myrouter.local in the address bar.
- Agree to the License terms and click Next .
- In case you wish to configure the router and Internet settings by yourself, then click the Manual configuration link at the bottom of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Setup screen.
- Make sure to tick on the I want to skip Setup and configure my router manually checkbox and click Next .
- For Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) users, the setup wizard will prompt the Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) Account name and Password .
- Respondto the prompted instructions.
- Enter a new SSID and password for your router. Then connect to the router’s Wi-Fi using the new credentials and continue the setup.
- You’ll have to enter a new password for your router. Enter it and you will see the Your router is set up!
- Create your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi account and complete the Linksys Ea6100 Smart Wi-Fi Ac1200 router setup.