How to block URL using a Linksys router?
When you visit a web page using a browser on your computer, and find that there are a lot of prompts and pop-ups, it is right to block the page. As such, a page can corrupt your system with spyware or adware or some other virus. You can block the URL when you do not want your kids watching or seeing inappropriate content on a website. Continue to read to know how to block URL using a Linksys router.
Using Parental Control:
It is a high-security feature on the router which allows the user to control the web content that can be accessed. Follow the steps to block the website URL.
- Turn on the router and connect the computer to it.
- Open a browser application on the system, type the default IP address of the router, and press Enter.
- When the router login page opens up, enter the router’s username and password to access the router’s configuration page.
- Once the router’s setup page appears, select the Parental Controls menu on the left navigation panel.
- Click the toggle button beside the Enable parental controls menu to turn it on.
- Next, you have to choose the devices on which the block applies. Under Restrict internet access, select the device names.
- Following that, in the Block specific sites menu, include the website URL you want to block.
- Select the Add link and then enter a website URL, if you do not know the URL, you can add the IP address of the website. You can block ten websites at once. Now, click OK.
- Now, try opening the blocked website from your browser to verify whether your router has blocked the URL.
- To block URL using a Linksys router,get assistance from our technical experts by clicking the Call button provided below.