Linksys Router Issue
Carry out thw below mentioned steps to fix the issue of Linksys router won’t work.
Scenario 1 - Linksys router is not working after a power outage
Step 1 - Rebooting the Linksys router
- Also, remove any interface cable connected to the router.
- Reconnect the power cord between the router and the power source.
- Power up the router by pressing the Power button.
- Reconnect the interface cable properly.
Step 2 - Cloning the computer MAC
- Access the Linksys router’s web interface page using the correct login credentials.
- Navigate to the Setup tab, go to the MAC Address Clone web page, and click the Enabled option.
- Select the Clone My PC’s MAC option.
- Alternatively, type the 12-digit MAC address of your old wireless router.
- Save the altered settings by selecting the Save Settings option.
Step 3 - Resetting the Linksys router to factory default
- With the Linksys router turned on, press and hold the Reset button for about 30 seconds.
- It will reset the router to the default factory settings.
- Customize the router settings and check if the problem Linksys router won’t work has been resolved.
Scenario 2 - Linksys router is not working after a reset
Step 1 - Power cycle the router
Detach the power cord from the Linksys router and connect it back after 30 seconds.
Step 2 - Static/dynamic IP setting
- Open any browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- If prompted for login details, enter the router’s admin username and password in the appropriate fields and click Log in.
- Go to Setup and choose the Static IP option from the Internet Connection Type drop-down menu.
- Provide the following details and click Save Settings.
- Internet IP Address
- Subnet Mask
- Default Gateway
- Note: If it is dynamic, try to enable the DHCP feature.
Step 3 - Use default gateway
- Open Command Prompt by entering ‘cmd’ in the Run dialog box.
- Enter the ‘ipconfig’ command line in the Command Prompt window.
- Now, you will see the default gateway.
- Make a note of it.
- Enter the default gateway in the address bar of your web browser.
- If prompted for login information, provide the username and password.
- Now, your issue Linksys router won’t work is fixed.