We've provided an easy procedure for the Linksys WRT54GP2 router setup. Read and execute the instruction and complete the setup.
Make sure the following before proceeding to the router setup steps:
- Ensure that your computer is not connected to any other router.
- Update the firmware from the official websiteof Linksys.
- Unpack the package and take out the router and the other accessories.
- Place the router in a centralized place in order to avoid any network interference.
Linksys WRT54GP2 Setup: Using CD-ROM
Linksys WRT54GP2 - Manual setup
- Turn off your computer and modem. If your modem carries any backup battery, remove it as well.
- Get anEthernet cable and connect your modem and the router.
- Now, use another Ethernet cable to connect your computer and the router.
- Attach the power adapter to the AC power socket on the router and plug the other end into awall outlet.
- Turn ON your modem, router, and computer.
- On your computer, go to the router’s web-based utility in a browser. For this, you have to enter the router’s default IP address in the address bar.
- Once you enter the login page, enter the default admin username and password.
- On the web-based utility page, go to the Setup tab and click the Internet Setup section.
- Here, you have to select theAutomatic Configuration - DHCP option as the Internet Connection Type .
- Go to the Network Setup section and you can change the IP address for the router.
- Next, go to the Wireless tab.
- Enter a new SSID and password for the router’s wireless network.
- After making the changes to the router settings, make sure you save them before exiting.
You've now completed the Linksys WRT54GP2 router setup.