Netgear N600 Wifi Cable Modem Router Setup
Netgear n600 wifi cable modem router setup is very simple if you follow the quick steps given on this site. Before you begin, reset the router to the factory defaults if it has already been used with other network devices.
- First, place the router close to the computer to avoid network traffics (for Wi-Fi connection) while the Netgear n600 wifi cable modem router setup.
- Next, connect your router to a wall outlet using a coaxial cable. The cable must be plugged into the router’s WAN port.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear router and the Windows computer. The Ethernet cable should be plugged between the router’s LAN port and the computer’s network port.
- Once the cable connection is set, connect the router’s power cord to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- When the router goes to the standby state, the power LED will turn into solid green.
- On the computer, open the default browser and enter the router’s IP address in the URL field.
- You can find it on a label printed at the router’s backside.
- Alternatively, you can identify it from the Windows computer itself.
- To do so, click the Windows logo available at the bottom-left corner of the screen and type ‘cmd’ in the search panel.
- From the search result, right-click the Command Prompt app and select the Run as administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ‘ipconfig’ and press the Enter key.
- Navigate to the Default Gateway section to determine the router’s IP address.
- Open the router’s login portal on your browser using this IP address.
- Enter the required login credentials. If you haven’t changed the default credentials yet, enter ‘admin’ as the username and ‘password’ in the Password field.
- Now, click the Login button to access the router’s settings page.
- The Netgear Genie- installation wizard will walk you through the basic configuration.
- Set up the Internet service and connect some more devices to your wireless network.
If you face problems while process of Netgear n600 wifi cable modem router setup, contact our technical support team for remote assistance.