Netgear Router not Broadcasting Wireless Signal
If the Netgear router is not broadcasting a wireless signal, refer to the simple instructions provided on this web page.
- Check if you can access the internet with a wired connection.
- After turning off the Wireless feature, establish a connection between your computer and your wireless router directly using an Ethernet cable.
- Reboot both your modem and the wireless router.
- If you access the internet with a wired connection, enable the Wi-Fi feature using the Wi-Fi button on the Netgear router.
- Find the Wi-Fi button on the Netgear router and then hold it for two seconds.
- If the wireless network connection is established, the WPS LED will be lit.
- If the issue persists, proceed with the following instructions.
Optimum wireless channel
- Once you connect the Netgear router to the computer, open a web browser access the web-based management page of the Netgear router using its default IP address.
- When prompted, enter the correct username and password of the Netgear router.
- Once you click the Basic tab, select the Wireless option on the left panel.
- Navigate to the Wireless Network section, choose your desired channel from the Channel drop-down menu, and click the Apply button.
- Check if the ‘Netgear router not broadcasting wireless signal’ problem is resolved.
- If not, the connection between the computer and the Netgear router must be secure.
- Power cycle your modem. Download and install the most recent version of the firmware of the Netgear router.
- Make sure to upgrade the Netgear router’s firmware manually by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, perform a factory reset on the Netgear router.
- To factory reset the Netgear router, hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button for not more than 7 seconds.
- Use the default credentials to access the web-based management page of the Netgear router and configure the settings correctly.