Netgear Router Not Connecting To Internet
You need to :
- Troubleshoot wireless network problems to solve Netgear router not connecting to internet.
- Reboot or restart your computer to check if the connection is stable or working.
- Connect the Netgear router to your computer with an Ethernet cable.
- Now, you can log in to your Netgear setup wizard.
- If there is still no internet connection, reboot your router to solve Netgear nighthawk not connecting to internet issue.
- Press and reset button present at the back of the router.
- You can also connect the computer directly to your modem to check if there is any fault with your router.
Troubleshoot Wireless Access Points (WAP)
- Make sure the router is configured correctly for solving Netgear router not connecting to internet.
- If it is not appropriately configured, set up your router from scratch and set up your modem via an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure the cables are securely connected to your router and the computer.
- If the router LED is not working, check for Netgear nighthawk not connecting to internet troubleshooting in the Netgear user manual.
- If the connections are secure and you log in to your Netgear router login, check if the dynamic IP is discovered.
- Select the PPPoE option and then configure your router with the IP address.
- Go to the Basic Settings tab in Netgear Smart Wizard and click the Test button at the bottom of the screen.
- The step above will take the Wizard to a new window and display the network’s IP address, Subnet Mask, and the Domain name server.
- Click the connection status, and this will tether the connection to your router while solving Netgear router not connecting to internet issue.