How to perform Netgear Password setup?
Do you want to set a password on your Netgear router? If so, you can easily set the password using a few steps. Changing the password on a regular basis keeps you protected from hackers trying to access your network.
To perform the Netgear password setup, proceed with the steps that are given below.
- Connect the Netgear router to your computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Press the Windows and R button together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” in the Search section and click on the OK button.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type “ipconfig“ and press the Enter key.
- You can now find the IP address of the Netgear router in the Default gateway section.
- Launch your browser and enter the IP address of the router to access the web-based setup page of the Netgear router.
- You can also enter the official website of the Netgear router.
- Enter the username and password in the login window. Then, click on the OK button.
- The default login credentials of the Netgear router are as follows: The username is admin, and the password is password.
- When you are on the Netgear router’s page, navigate to the Advanced section.
- Select the Wireless tab and checkmark the Enable SSID Broadcast option.
- Type your network name in the SSID section.
- Enter a password for your network in the Network key section.
- Make sure that the password you set contains at least eight characters, which includes an upper case letter, lower case letter, numbers, and symbols.
- Click the Apply button and save the changes you have made.
- The network name will be visible to all nearby devices within the range.
- To get connected to the wireless network, turn on Wi-Fi from your device.
- Select the network name from the displayed list.
- Enter the password of the wireless network and click on the Connect button.
- You will now be connected to the wireless network.
- If you aren’t able to perform Netgear password setup, contact our technical support team.