How to Perform Netgear Router Setup Wizard Without CD?
After you purchase a Netgear router, you need to set up the router settings. The router configuration can be done with or without the setup CD.
If you do not have the setup CD, then follow the procedure given below for running the Netgear router setup wizard without CD.
1. Cable connection
- Connect an Ethernet cable between the modem and the WAN port of the Netgear router.
- After that, use another Ethernet cable to connect one of the LAN ports of the router and the computer.
- Provide the power connection to the router and turn it on.
- Check if the power LED light glows on the router; if it doesn’t, then secure the cable ends.
2. Router’s login page
- On the router’s label, look for the router login URL, IP address, username, and password, and then note them down.
- Once the computer is connected to the router network, launch the web browser window on the screen.
- Enter the URL or the IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
- The Netgear router’s login page shows up, log in using the default username and password, which is admin and password, respectively.