Why My Netgear WPS Button Not Working?
If the Netgear WPS button not working, then the WPS wizard will be grayed out.
Steps To Resolve
- Go to the Netgear Genie page on your computer connected to the router and select the Basic tab.
- Navigate to the Wireless section. Select the Wireless Setup option.
- Now, select the Enable SSID option.
- If you are prompted for confirmation, select the option for confirmation.
- Otherwise, go to the official Netgear website.
- Enter the username as admin and the password is password.
- Go to the Advanced section and select Advanced Setup.
- Navigate to Wireless Settings. Now you can see the router’s PIN.
- Uncheck the Disable Router’s PIN box.
- Now, the PIN function on the router will be disabled. You can manually enable the router’s PIN when required.
- Clear or select the Keep Existing Wireless Settings box. The Keep Existing Wireless Settings checkbox is selected by default.
- It is recommended to keep the wireless settings box selected.
- When you clear the checkbox, a new wireless client will always use WPS to connect to the router. Now, click on the Apply button.
- If you cannot connect to your Wi-Fi network, you can get connected to the network by entering its network credentials
- Once you have followed the above steps, the Netgear WPS button is not working issue will be resolved.
- If it is a hardware issue, check whether the router is in the warranty period and replace it.
If still the Netgear WPS button not working issue persists, click on the Call button on this page to get in touch with our technical support team.