Setting Security on Linksys Wireless Router
Proceed with the steps given below for setting security settings on Linksys router.
Finding the IP Address of Your Router
Configure the Linksys router before connecting your computer to the Wi-Fi network.
- On your Windows computer, launch the Start menu and open the Run dialog box. Otherwise, press the Windows+R button to open Run.
- Type "cmd" in the Run dialog box. Then, press the Enter button.
- Type "ipconfig/all" in the Command Prompt section for setting security on Linksys wireless router. Then, press the Enter key.
- The IP address of the router will be available on the Default Gateway section. Note down the IP address of the Linksys router.
- Click the Apple menu and select System Preferences from the list.
- From the Network section, select the Wi-Fi tab on the left panel.
- Click the Advanced button and select the TCP/IP tab.
- The IP address of the router will be displayed in the Network window.
Settings on the Router's Page
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the router in the search box for setting security on Linksys wireless router.
- Log in to the router's page using the username and password of the Linksys router. The network credentials will be available on the router's label.
- Select the Wireless tab in the router setup window.
- Navigate to the Wireless Security section and choose the Security Mode as WEP from the drop-down options.
- Select "64 bit" under WEP encryption settings.
- Enter a password in the Passphrase section. Then, click on the Generate button.
- Choose a strong password for more security.
- Note down the password of the network you have created. Then, click on the Save Settings button.
- When connecting from a device for setting security on Linksys wireless router, choose the network name and enter the network password to get connected to the wireless network.