Tp-Link Archer D7 Router Setup - Brief Steps
TP-Link Archer D7 is a wireless router with LAN ports and a pair of USB 2.0 ports. The instructions on this page will help you with the TP-Link Archer D7 router setup.
The router package includes the following:
Carry out the steps given on this page to set up the TP-Link Archer D7 router.
Ensure the following before proceeding to the hardware setup steps:
- Turn off your existing modem.
- Remove the backup battery of your modem.
- Ensure that your device is not connected to any other router.
Now, proceed with the instructions given below to set up your TP-Link Archer D7 router.
- Unpack the router and take out the supplies that came along with the router. Place the Archer D7 and the modem closer to reduce any interference.
- Now attach and extend the antennas on your router.
- Connect your existing modem to the blue WAN port on your router with an Ethernet cable.
- Turn your modem ON and insert the backup battery if available. Wait for the modem to be ready.
- Press the Power button to turn on the router to proceed Tp-Link Archer D7 router setup.
- Wait for the LED light to change from flashing blue to solid white.
- You're now ready to connect your computer to the TP-Link Archer D7 router.
- For a wireless connection, go to the Wi-Fi settings section on your computer and select the TP-Link Archer D7 router’s SSID.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password when prompted and click the Connect button.
- For a wired connection, connect the computer to the LAN port of the router using another Ethernet cable.
Configuring the router
- Go to the web browser and type https://tplinkmodem.net/ in the address field.
- In the login window, enter admin for both User Name and Password and then click the Login button.
- Once you are logged in, select the Quick setup menu to access the Quick Setup Wizard.
- Select a region, time zone, and click the Auto-detect button on your screen. This will detect and configure your internet connection.
- In case the internet connection couldn’t be configured automatically, click the No option when you are prompted to auto-detect your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the configuration setup.
- Finally, make to set up your router’s wireless network with a new SSID and password to finish the Tp-Link Archer D7 router setup.