The blinking blue light on your Xfinity router indicates that the WPS mode is enabled and it is trying to connect with another wireless device. It will automatically turn into a solid light when it establishes a connection with the other wireless device. If it keeps on blinking for a few minutes, then it indicates that the modem has failed to connect because of the weak signal. This Xfinity router blinking blue problem can be fixed using the troubleshooting steps, as mentioned below.
- Check the interface first and then plug the cable firmly into the appropriate ports.
- Make sure that the wireless device is turned on.
- Restart the WPS mode to establish the connection between the devices and this stops the blinking blue light.
- If the Xfinity router blinking blue problem persists, remove the Ethernet cable and power cord from the Xfinity router.
- Also, disconnect your Xfinity router from the Internet modem.
- Wait for a few minutes and reconnect the Ethernet cable between the Internet modem and the Xfinity router.
- Connect the Internet modem to the wall outlet using the power adapter.
- Next, connect the Xfinity router to the electrical supply using its power cord.
- Power on the Internet modem and then the Xfinity router.
- Wait until the Xfinity router’s power LED turns into solid green.
- This power cycle will fix the blinking blue light problem.
- If the Wi-Fi LED starts blinking blue again, move on to the next solution.