The LED light on the Xfinity router indicates the status of the router. It flashes orange light if the hub is connecting at 10/100. In such cases, connect the router to your device directly using an Ethernet cable after removing the cables from the hub or switch. You can’t connect to the internet if the router LED flashes amber or orange. Sometimes, the LED light may also flash orange if there is a hardware issue. If you find that your Xfinity router flashing orange.
consider the steps that are given below to fix the issue.
- Ensure that there are no issues with your Internet Service Provider. Sometimes, if there is a service outage, this issue may occur.
- Check whether you have properly connected the modem and router.
- Remove all the cables from the router and unplug the power cable as well.
- Now, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the modem and plug in another end to your router. Connect the cable to the devices firmly.
- Connect both modem and router to their power sources.
- Check if the issue is resolved. If the Internet service is down in your area, try connecting after some time.
- If the issue persists, update the firmware of the Xfinity router.
- You can go to the official Xfinity website to update the firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, check whether the Xfinity router flashing orange issue is resolved. If it is a hardware issue, you can replace the router if it is in the warranty period.
- For any other issues, click on the Call button on this page to contact our technical support team to sort out your router issues.